I.R.S. Phone scam
now I don’t make a habit of putting my opinions out there
but one of these scamers called my Mother-in-law
fortunately she called me to check
and I found out that one of the biggest I.R.S. Phone scams is going on right now
so I thought to share how to protect yourself and your love ones
here are some things to look for
The IRS reminds people that they can know pretty easily when a supposed IRS caller is a fake. Here are five things the scammers often do but the IRS will not do. Any one of these five things is a tell-tale sign of a scam. The IRS will never:
1. Call to demand immediate payment, nor will we call about taxes owed without first having mailed you a bill..
2. Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
3. Require you to use a specific payment method for your taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
4. Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
5. Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.
And here is the link to the article
I hope this helps and please spread the word